Owning a home comes with a lot of excitement and a lot of maintenance. It never fails that something breaks down or needs your attention during the most inopportune times. Luckily, there are many items in and around the home that can be fixed by the homeowner. Although it takes time to read up on some maintenance steps, it is essential to know that you can accomplish a lot of do-it-yourself projects as needed. For example, if you have a Whirlpool washing machine and something happens, don’t fret. Wondering how to reset a Whirlpool washing machine? Read the manufacturer’s instructions for accomplishing this task. Call your local master plumber.
Let’s take a look below at what the steps are.
What Are The Steps?
Just like with all projects, there should be manufactures instruction for completing the task. In this case, resetting your Whirlpool washing machine should be fairly simple. Just follow the Whirlpool manufacturer instructions. Let’s take a look below at what those are.
- Turn off the washing machine.
- Turn the mode dial to the normal position.
- Now, turn the dial counter-clockwise one click to the left.
- Then, turn the dial clockwise, three clicks.
- Next, turn the dial counter-clockwise on click.
- Lastly, turn the dial clockwise with one click.
These steps should have reset the washing machine. However, if not, move to the next attempt.
Simply reset the circuit breaker.
- Turn off the washing machine.
- Go to your circuit breaker box and flip the breaker off.
- Wait for 3 minutes.
- Reset your circuit breaker for the washing machine.
- Wait 30 seconds and then turn the washing machine on with the control panel on the machine.
Start pressing the buttons. Let’s take a look below at what that means.
- Turn off the power to the washing machine using the power button.
- While holding the program button down, push the water level button twice. This should prompt the lighting of the control panel.
- Next, press each button on the control panel one at a time. Do not press the power button yet.
- Then, open the lid of the washing machine and listen for a beeping sound.
- Close the lid to the washing machine and watch as the machine begins a reset cycle.
Top Load Washers Only:
Follow these steps if you have a top-load Whirlpool washing machine.
- Unplug the washing machine from its outlet.
- Wait one minute and then plug the washing machine back into the outlet.
- Within 12 seconds, open and close the lid 6 times.
If you hear a beep sound, and the control panel lights up, this likely means that the reset has worked.
How Can I Confirm This Worked?
Once you have completed the steps above for resetting your Whirlpool washing machine, you can take a few steps to verify that it worked. Let’s take a look at the next steps.
- Press the start button – If all cycles light up then go to the next step.
- Press the start/stop button one time – Turn your dial until you have the three cycles lit up.
- Rinse, wash, and stop – If these all light up turn the washer off and unplug it for ten seconds.
- Run a test load – Run a test load without any clothes in it to ensure that the reset worked.
Other Recommended Maintenance
Now that you are aware of how to reset a whirlpool washing machine, you might want to look into how to vent your washing machine drain pipe. This will ensure that your washing machine is properly draining.
Next, read up on how to seal the washing machine drain hose once you have vented it. You wouldn’t want a clog in the drain line to back up and flood your laundry room.
Lastly, as you use your washing machine, do not forget that it also needs maintenance. Over time, the rubber seal on the door of the washing machine can trap dirt and water. This will promote the growth of mold. Be sure to read up on how to remove mold from the rubber seal.
When Do I Call A Professional?
The moment that you begin noticing that your washing machine is acting up, you will want to call a master plumber. Bad smells, water leaks, and noises coming from the washing machine are issues that should be handled right away. Although resetting your Whirlpool washing machine might seem easy, calling on a master plumber ensures that other areas of the washing machine are working properly.
When it comes to washing machines and other plumbing repairs, you will want to consult a professional licensed master plumber. Additionally, you should call on your local home inspection team. They can come out and inspect your plumbing system and everything that works in tandem with your plumbing. Making sure that the electrical system is working properly ensures that the plumbing and appliances can also function properly. Reach out to Waypoint Inspection to conduct a plumbing inspection during a full home inspection in your home in Tampa and Central Florida.